moderated Re: New Yahoo Group transfer requests disabled

Mark,

My block has both an old yahoo group (started by someone other than me) and a groups.io group that I started about 4 years ago. The yahoo people would not budge and join the new group until recently, when some of them started to realize that yahoo might actually go down. Still, many of them won’t join the new group because all they care about is the mailing list functionality. My question: Is it now the case that more of yahoo groups is dysfunctional than prsviously announced - i.e., is the mailing list functionality also down or degraded at this point?

Thanks for any info.

On Nov 23, 2019, at 9:21 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

The Yahoo Groups outage continues, preventing us from exporting group messages. For now, I have disabled the ability to create new transfer requests, and have posted a note on the Yahoo Group transfer page telling people to not upgrade their group to Premium until the outage is over.

I don't want people upgrading their groups and then us not being able to do the transfer.