moderated Re: Improved Links Functionality #suggestion

This is one of those suggested features that I would argue strongly against - and before people jump on me for arguing against something "just because I personally don't want it," let me assure you preemptively that's not the case. I don't care one way or the other personally about this. I simply don't think it makes sense for a product like this to have a section specifically devoted to "links." There is nothing special about links, and a section specifically devoted to them, like yahoo had, strikes me as an ugly little wart sticking out of the UI. If someone wants to post links, they can post them anywhere else that general content can be posted.