moderated Re: Yahoo Group transfer update

RCardona

Mark,

Thank you for your continued efforts to optimize the movement of Yahoo Groups to your platform as quickly as possible!  We appreciate you!  My group really enjoys their new home here at G.IO!

Robert

On 11/5/19 12:49 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,

I've been working to increase the speed of the import process. As a reminder, pulling the data out of Yahoo (the export process) has been caught up for some time now. This is fortunate because the most important thing is to save the data before Yahoo deletes it/stops working. And we are able to do that.

The bottleneck is importing the data into Groups.io, specifically importing group messages. Sunday evening I was able to roll out some optimizations to the database. This resulted in us being able to import over twice as many messages yesterday (2.4M) as our previous high water mark. I've made an additional change, which I hope will further speed up the process.