moderated Re: groups.io accomodate Meetup groups?

I have to weigh in here. To my mind, there could not possibly be a less user-friendly interface than Meetup's. I hate Meetup with a passion normally reserved for Facebook. I find it nearly impossible to search for groups I might actually be interested in, as opposed to being bombarded with groups I have zero interest in, let alone are even within reasonable driving distance of me. By contrast, just a couple of days ago I very easily found three very relevant groups.io groups in my neighborhood by using keywords involving my geographical location and areas of interest, joined one of them, and publicized the other two to my neighborhood block group.