moderated Re: Yahoo Group transfer update

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:16 AM txercoupemuseum.org <ercoguru@...> wrote:

I’m thinking I’m ready for Step 4 but I’m REALLY confused.  I believe I’ve clicked the “green Give Go Ahead to transfer button”…at least when I manage to find it and click it again I get a response that a transfer is already underway for my .io group.  As I recall there was something about this possibly taking several days.

I checked and you had not given the go ahead. I've gone ahead and done that for you.

In addition, one of my people is saying they can’t find Ercoupe Tech in the .io Groups.  I have no trouble finding it in the “search” box, but when I go to the “Publicly Listed Groups (starting with E) it should show between “Equinenittrates…” and “ErnieEckbergFlooring” )right?) and it doesn’t.  ???  Is this something that will correct itself when our download is complete, or ???

We don't modify the group description or name at all, so if it isn't showing up in the right place, that's a bug. Please submit it to support@groups.io.

SINCE giving the “Go Ahead” (?) I’ve been updating the notification notices, group description, etc.  Because the process apparently “locks out” the list owner in this phase I can’t confirm whether or not the message I have laboriously personalized will eventually go out to each Yahoo member that has been downloaded to the new io. Group.  Presuming I did check this box, will the welcoming message be the one existing when I initiated the “Go ahead” or will it be the one as I have since modified it?

There is no lock out. You can change your messages at any time. We use whatever welcome message exists when the actual transfer happens.