moderated Re: Transfer invites

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 02:52 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
If someone is already a member, then we do nothing.
Yep. Mark, just FYI, there are some yahoo group owners who don't understand this, and who are sending out special notices in their old yahoo groups screaming at members in all caps not to join the new groups.io group or it will screw everything up. Some are also telling people, repeatedly, in special notice after special notice, that if they do not want to belong to the groups.io group they "MUST UNSUBSCRIBE NOW" before the transfer. But of course, Yahoo's unsubscribe feature has been broken for years in many groups, not to mention that it's extremely easy for members to demur after the transfer (and as I recall, perhaps even during it).