moderated Re: Yahoo Group transfer update

Laurence Marks <marks@...>

Mark Fletcher wrote:
i All,

Here's the status of the various queues involved in the Yahoo Group transfer process:

- We've accepted all invites up through yesterday at 3pm Pacific time. Yahoo is being really slow right now, and processing invites is currently very time intensive.
- We are exporting Yahoo Groups that were given the go ahead as of 2pm Pacific time today (aka a bit more than 2 hours ago).
- We are importing Yahoo Groups that had completed export as of Oct 22 at 4pm Pacific time.

The bottleneck is importing groups. I am looking at ways to try and make that go faster, but I don't have anything yet.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for how I can make this more understandable.

Mark,

Would it be faster to import groups that have already been downloaded with PG Offline? We have all messages, files, and attachments. There are around 1000 messages. 240 of the messages have around 400 attachments. We would even be willing to wait until the queue is empty, since we can continue to use PGO until Dec. 18 and it's becoming a slow season for us. We would be especially willing to wait if--once the pressure is off--you could make a temporary accomodation to allowing us to manually restore the attachments.

Larry

--
Larry Marks