locked Re: categorisation

ro-esp

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 05:01 AM, Ant No wrote:

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 03:33 PM, ro-esp wrote:

Being able to exclude searchterms would be nice, but 20 categories of a
thousand groups each
would still leave a lot of wading to do (and I expect groups.io to become
significantly bigger).
Agreed Ronaldo. However the numbers are not evenly distributed. Some cats have
a massive following. That's the problem.
I assume you are not referring to the meowing kind here. How is it a problem if some
dudes have a massive following, and how exactly do you want to solve it?

How would your system help you find groups you don't even know you want to find?

Do you want lists of groups sorted by how mainstream or fringe they are?
If so, how do you measure mainstream-ness?

I get the feeling I've missed something crucial

I think I've demonstrated I'm not adverse to some wading.
Your personal preference matters little here. What matters is that prospective members
can easily find the groups they want to join.

As to the other message: I am not saying false tagging is an ancient game. I am saying
we need a way to punish those who do it. We need a way to report it, and if they keep
doing it their group(s) should be dissolved. Maybe we even need someone to review
the tags and approve them before the group becomes active.

groetjes, Ronaldo