moderated Re: Suggestion for Importing Groups

Juulz

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 03:15 AM, Duane wrote:
don't know what would happen if everyone suddenly decided to expedite.
Expedited groups go to the head of the line!  I watched out group go from 8 to 9 to 8 to 7 to 8 to 9 to 8.... you get the picture. We are finally imported and everything is in place and working wonderfully! I really wanted to ask Mark for a "point of no return" to lower the anxiety level... but, I didn't... it wouldn't really matter whether you wait at position 11 or at 1, if someone pays to expedite, they cut in line ahead of you. We waited at position #1 for hours, btw. Once our import started, it took about 5-10 minutes for 900 members and 18,000 messages.

My suggestion is to move your members over yourself and allow the group to carry on without the archives while they wait for the import.

I think Mark has it right. If small groups "jumped the line" for free, it would be terribly unfair to the others, IMO.  It's no fun to wait, but you can always expedite if it's driving you crazy!