locked Re: categorisation

Ant No

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 04:20 PM, RCardona wrote:
You fail to appreciate the power of groups.io's search function.  You may want to learn how to use it, rather than advocate for the addition of an unnecessary categorization element to it.

In the group search function, a user may add any number of descriptive keywords that will filter down the results.  There is no need to add boolean search operations.  Simply add a 2nd, 3rd, 4th. . . . etc. . . keyword with a space in between the keywords; and the search function will drill down the results pull.

Yes, I understand how a multi keyword search works. It's a standard function of all search engines. Trust me, you may not but, I do need a way to exclude terms and that's Boolean operators. They were invented for a reason. Not because no one's as clever as Mark and didn't realise they were unnecessary.

You seen to have missed the part where I said I don't always know what I'm looking for until I find it. I did give an example. A real one that happened.

You'll still be able to do things your way. Why do you care if there's another way too. Why want to control other people's choices? I don't want to remove any of yours.