locked Re: categorisation

Bob Buxton

In addition to @drew's excellent suggestion for a keyword section in the group description I would also like to propose that group owners include a Hashtag section in their group descriptions with as many (or few) tags as they feel are helpful in identifying the groups areas of interest (e.g. #politics #UK #BRexit)

This would be immediately usable via the find group search but, in time, I would hope that groups.io would add a find group by hashtag function similar to the find message by #hashtags function that we already have within groups and show how many groups there are for each tag and allow filtering of the group list as tags are selected.

I hope this would address the OP's aims, be more flexible and be consistent with the use of hashtags for categorization across the web
--
Bob