moderated Re: re-requesting group setting: "who can invite members"

That's a refinement on the request, and would be nice, but would require either a different category of member or a setting on each member's page. If easily doable and widely usable, it would be great. I myself would be happy with a simple "who can invite members" setting, at least to start with.