moderated Re: Yahoo Group transfer update

monamouroui

Mark,

Thank you for the update. I just want to let you know our group is not
very active and there is nothing time sensitive in our group. My only
concern was saving the files, links and archives. Being on step 3 of 4
now, I know that is done. So I don't mind getting further down the
queue to make way for groups whose timely exchange of information is
critical. Not sure if there are others like me, but maybe if so we
could inform you on the transfer page so you can use that metric to
decide priority.

Sara

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:44 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Here's the status of the various queues involved in the Yahoo Group transfer process:

- We've accepted all invites up through last night.
- We are exporting Yahoo Groups that were given the go ahead as of Oct 23 at 8am pacific time.
- We are importing Yahoo Groups that had completed export as of Oct 19 at 6pm pacific time.

Another way, in terms of the steps listed on the transfer page:

Your group is being exported from Yahoo right now. [Step 2 of 4]
Groups are currently waiting about 3 days in this queue.

Your group is awaiting import into Groups.io. There are about N groups ahead of it in the queue. [Step 3 of 4]
Once groups reach this step, they are currently waiting about 7 days in this queue.

Right now, I'm doing 20 group exports concurrently. I'm doing 4 group imports concurrently.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for how I can make this more understandable. I'll try to post this on a regular basis.