moderated Re: 2 questions about the Yahoo Group transfer

Jim Member

Please forgive message immediately below. It was a response sent to a completely wrong address?? Sorry :(

On 10/24/2019 2:42 PM, Jim Murray wrote:

Sorry, I gotta go. I'll try you when I get home but if not maybe we can connect tomorrow. I do promise, I'll only take a few minutes of your time.

Thanks

On 10/24/2019 2:35 PM, Harm Selling wrote:

> You do know that groups can pay extra to be prioritized, don't you? I assume that is what you're seeing.

If that's the cause of the growing queue, I wonder if it's wise to offer a priority possibility in a period of an increasing number of customers and a deadline because of the upcoming closure of Yahoo Groups.
If Groups.io cannot deliver on the demand before the closure of Yahoo Groups, it has to refund a lot of payments (because of not fulfilling the agreements). If there's a continuous stream of customers with priority (I think companies, because 200 dollar is an exorbitant amount for individuals), the backlog is growing bigger and cannot be solved anymore.

I think the current priority should be eliminating the backlog instead of making money from priority requests.

Harm