moderated Re: 2 questions about the Yahoo Group transfer

David Tuma

How do I find out where in the transfer queue I am?

w/r,
David

On Oct 24, 2019, at 3:35 PM, Harm Selling <h.selling@...> wrote:

> You do know that groups can pay extra to be prioritized, don't you? I assume that is what you're seeing.

If that's the cause of the growing queue, I wonder if it's wise to offer a priority possibility in a period of an increasing number of customers and a deadline because of the upcoming closure of Yahoo Groups.
If Groups.io cannot deliver on the demand before the closure of Yahoo Groups, it has to refund a lot of payments (because of not fulfilling the agreements). If there's a continuous stream of customers with priority (I think companies, because 200 dollar is an exorbitant amount for individuals), the backlog is growing bigger and cannot be solved anymore.

I think the current priority should be eliminating the backlog instead of making money from priority requests.

Harm