moderated Re: Blank names when users join or get imported translates into postings getting rejected from mail

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 08:59 AM, Tanya's Feline CKD wrote:
Looks like it's also a feature you might be able to use too,
Possibly. What I personally have been requesting for quite awhile (and there was a whole discussion about this at one point) is putting the Display Name under control of the group moderators/owners, so that they can't go and change it back to something else from our required format. But the issue is complex, because things happen to the Display Name when the person changes their overall groups.io User Name. Or used to. That causes, or used to cause, a change in the Display Name for all their groups as well. I haven't kept track of how this heirarchy has evolved over time.