moderated Re: Blank names when users join or get imported translates into postings getting rejected from mail

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 09:02 AM, Michael Pavan wrote:
the intention(s) of anyone else
No intentions at all here, simply pointing out how the feature currently works. It does take the name from any email sent if there is one, which is generally sufficient for its *intended* purpose (i.e., displaying with the member's sent messages). Of course if people have other uses for it that necessitates a change in the feature, why would anyone object. I certainly have no issue.