moderated Re: Blank names when users join or get imported translates into postings getting rejected from mail

Just because it's not a problem for you doesn't mean it's not a problem for others. I hate seeing a massive list of blank names in my membership lists, and more to the point, it's kind of hard for my Condolence Mods to do a condolence post when they don't have a name to whom they can offer condolences. There is plenty groups.io could do, namely require anybody signing up to provide a display name, it's not that much of a requirement, but one I've been asking for unsuccessfully for ages.