moderated Re: Blank names when users join or get imported translates into postings getting rejected from mail

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 07:11 AM, Duane wrote:
Only if there is one obviously.  And then only after they've sent a message.
Both absolutely true. But if they don't send a message, there's no problem with their having no Display Name. And most people do have a name attached to their email. And if they don't, there's basically not much the groups.io system can do about it. It's still incumbent on the group owner to set one up in those (rare) cases.