moderated Blank names when users join or get imported translates into postings getting rejected from mail

I noticed that when users did not enter their names when registering or when imported they appear blank.  Many email systems (Lotus Notes and Exchange) will see this as an invalid message.  I have added a dummy name to the person who was having the issue, but it seems that Group.IO should either not allow someone to register with blanks or when composing a posting, it should format it in a way that will be acceptable.  I checked Yahoo, and it allowed blanks, but it required that you use a profile name.  I have sent this to support and I am posting it here.