locked Re: Notice of Pricing Change

monamouroui

Hi Mark,

I'd like to make a donation to a fund that would help pay transfer fees for those who cannot afford it. If you don't have one already, would you be willing to create one? But as a capitalist, I'd like to be able to make it tax- deductible. :)

Sara

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 3:44 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Sometimes I reflect on my youth, and harken back to that simpler time, that quieter time. You know, seven days ago.

 [Snip]

I realize it was a mistake to talk about future changes to the pricing structure without actually, you know, knowing what those changes might (or might not) be. As part of that, it was a mistake to change the definition of a free group right now. I've rolled back that change; new free groups do not have limits on the number of subscribers and subgroups. Hopefully this will address Harm Selling's concern, among others. Also, this means that any groups that wish to move over but cannot afford the transfer fee can still take advantage of a free group's invite feature.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.