locked Re: Notice of Pricing Change

rich hurd

Kevin,

"Transfer approval?"  The instructions clearly stated that Step 1 was to upgrade to the Premium service and pay a year in advance before you started anything else.

I'm an amateur myself - WC3T - so I come from a bunch of cheapos.   :)   I saw an amazing thing recently, though.  If you go to the Elecraft-KX3 group, however, you'll see a ton of folks who are committing to "passing the hat" and helping defray the cost of the GIO service.

I prefer to think that people will offer to help out to keep a good thing going.   I did the same thing with my group.   Don't try and do it alone but I sure wouldn't give up on this service yet.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 4:15 PM Kevin Bess KK4BFN - SM NFL <kk4bfn@...> wrote:
I was waiting for the transfer approval to go through before having to subscribe... now its double to do so.... no bueno

73,

Kevin

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S on the Sprint Network because it's hard to carry an HF radio in your pocket!

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019, 4:05 PM Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:
Why don't you all read what the message Mark wote means.
You are all reading into it more then it says. If you have a free group it will remain free unless your membership exceeds 500 members and only then you might have to pay to host your group on the site. But he didn't say EVERYONE will have to Pay to use Groups IO.

If you paid $110 for the transfer - next year your use on groups IO could be free if you opt not to continue with paying for the service. Now groups that have over 500 members may have to pay.

If you paid $110 for the transfer you will not be paying the higher fee that groups that just initiated the process will have to pay. It is because they are in crunch mode that the fee was made higher due to the amount of work Mark has to put in and probably due to hardware he needed to get to accommodate thousands of groups wanting to be be transferred. In no way is it equivalent to price gouging. Mark has incurred extra expenses to have all these groups come aboard at one time.   Mark has to spend a lot of extra time to beat the deadline of Yahoo deleting everything. He wants to get everything in before all is lost at Yahoo. His time is worth something.

You all are putting the cart before the horse and making this into something that it isn't.