moderated Re: Is this Forum the best place to get updates about the YahooGroups Apocalypse Migration?

Hi Deane,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM Deane <deanerimerman@...> wrote:

I'm brand new here and just paid $110 to try to save my beloved warriorpoest archive on yahoogroups and wondering if this beta-Group forum is the best place to get a sense of the backlog of transfer orders and how long it may take to fill them, how groups.io is handling it all?

Yes, I think at least for the short-term, this group will mostly be dedicated to group transfer status. In that spirit:

- I just sent a separate email discussing pricing changes.
- We've added several more machines to the site and will be upgrading the main database machine this evening.
- We have processed all invites to Yahoo Groups that were sent up until yesterday morning.
- We have a few hundred groups in the queue divided between waiting for export and waiting for import right now (we export the data for a group and save it locally. As a separate step we then later import that data into Groups.io). I can't give an estimate as to when they will be processed.

Hope this helps.