moderated Re: re-requesting group setting: "who can invite members"

billsf9c

For US who may invit 10 - 40 folks enmass we NEED it. Other folks with 1 or 2 pals can offer the email subscribe addy or url.

BillSF9c

Yes, and as you said, the option could be disabled anyway. I have to agree, I would really like that as well.
Thanks.
From Michael.

From: main@beta.groups.io on behalf of J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 10:55
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] re-requesting group setting: "who can invite members" #request

In this particular group, yes.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 2:47 PM Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 06:32 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I requested this in the distant past but it is more relevant today: In my block/neighborhood group, I want people to be allowed to invite other neighbors to the group. The only way I can do that now is the cumbersome method of making everyone a moderator with only one permission. But people are now asking me, "Why am I a moderator?" etc, and I also don't want everyone to be privy to the activity logs and other data.

Bottom line, it would be extremely convenient to have a group setting "Who can invite other members" with choices "moderators" or "subscribers". 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

The saying "be careful of what you ask for" comes to mind.

Would you really want "all" subscribers to be able to invite others to the group?

--
Gerald

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.