From Michael.

From: main@beta.groups.io on behalf of J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2019 10:55
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] re-requesting group setting: "who can invite members" #request

In this particular group, yes.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 2:47 PM Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 06:32 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I requested this in the distant past but it is more relevant today: In my block/neighborhood group, I want people to be allowed to invite other neighbors to the group. The only way I can do that now is the cumbersome method of making everyone a moderator with only one permission. But people are now asking me, "Why am I a moderator?" etc, and I also don't want everyone to be privy to the activity logs and other data.

Bottom line, it would be extremely convenient to have a group setting "Who can invite other members" with choices "moderators" or "subscribers".

The saying "be careful of what you ask for" comes to mind.

Would you really want "all" subscribers to be able to invite others to the group?

--
Gerald