moderated Re: California Utilities' Planned Power Shutoffs today through Saturday to affect 6 to 8 hundred thousand people

Glenn Glazer

On 10/9/2019 13:29, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 1:26 PM Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:

Speaking as someone working for a company with a huge colo presence, if they don't have failover power, it's time to switch data centers. Or go to the cloud.

Oh, I know they do have failover power, both battery and generator. But if we're talking about 5 days of no electricity, that's something I'd be concerned about.

Ah, gotcha. From what I've read (I live in Northern California), the outages aren't supposed to be more than 2-4 days.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.