moderated Re: Should notifications be optional?

Mark,

J wrote:

I think they absolutely have to be optional for moderators.
I can almost see uses for moderators being able to upload files (or to take some other "notified" actions) without creating a notification entry. Mods / owners are particularly likely to undertake setup and organization tasks that might otherwise create a lot of nuisance notification items.

I would not want members to be able to do so.

If this is implemented I think it should not be piggy-backed on the existing checkbox, if that one remains, but should be a separate one with a clear name and description. For example:

|_| Do Not Notify

Checking this box prevents the generation of web or email notification
to group members for this upload.

Shal