moderated Re: Should notifications be optional?

Sharon Villines

Should the person adding the file/creating the event/starting the chat/etc continue to have the option to not notify the group? And if they should continue to have that option, should it be extended to all new notifications?
Certainly, the moderators should have it. Notifications confuse many people on lists. Unless there are routine notifications that everyone understands, I explain the notifications that will be coming. If I'm loading 4-5 files, I don't want a notification for each one of them. I would send my own notification explaining them.

If it is the file for the monthly meeting of elephants, then everyone understands the notice.

Sharonn