moderated Re: Should notifications be optional?

Michael Pavan

On Oct 1, 2019, at 1:21 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
In the new system, should these checkboxes exist? That is, should the person adding the file/creating the event/starting the chat/etc continue to have the option to not notify the group? And if they should continue to have that option, should it be extended to all new notifications?
Absolutely. Yes. Yes, and Yes.

I don't believe that Facebook lets you opt-out of sending notifications; at least I don't recall seeing such an option when posting photos/etc.
All notifications should be controllable, both to send and receive.

As to group notifications triggered by a member's action, these should also be able to be moderated; and which Moderators can moderate which notifications should be separate Moderator Permissions.