moderated Re: Should notifications be optional?

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 05:50 PM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 03:21 PM, Duane wrote:
(A recent reason for this is the Upload Directory where a notification is sent for each file uploaded.  In a test, that resulted in over 100 notifications!)

Yes, and it also filled up almost 10 pages of notification messages online. Bad enough having to delete them from email accounts and online I would have to delete them one by one.

--
Gerald
Now that I think about this, I realize that one might need options for receiving notifications as well as for initiating them.

--
Gerald