moderated Re: Should notifications be optional?

Steph Mathews

I think that you should have the check boxes.

Have a blessed day!  Steph

From: Mark Fletcher
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:21 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Should notifications be optional?

Hi All,

As I continue to work through notifications, questions arise.

Right now, some existing notifications are optional. When adding a file, for example, you have a checkbox to notify the group. Same with creating a calendar event, a new chat, etc.

In the new system, should these checkboxes exist? That is, should the person adding the file/creating the event/starting the chat/etc continue to have the option to not notify the group? And if they should continue to have that option, should it be extended to all new notifications?

I don't believe that Facebook lets you opt-out of sending notifications; at least I don't recall seeing such an option when posting photos/etc.