moderated Re: Should notifications be optional?

Mark,

I think they absolutely have to be optional for moderators. Whether they're optional for non-mods could possibly be a group setting.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 10:21 AM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

As I continue to work through notifications, questions arise.

Right now, some existing notifications are optional. When adding a file, for example, you have a checkbox to notify the group. Same with creating a calendar event, a new chat, etc.

In the new system, should these checkboxes exist? That is, should the person adding the file/creating the event/starting the chat/etc continue to have the option to not notify the group? And if they should continue to have that option, should it be extended to all new notifications?

I don't believe that Facebook lets you opt-out of sending notifications; at least I don't recall seeing such an option when posting photos/etc.