moderated Re: #wishlist Ability to Hide Topics/Posts #suggestion

Bryce Weathersby

I accept all of the suggestions. In retrospect, I feel it could be a single message, or ultimately the entire topic. In my situation, most of the messages within the topic would need to go on lockdown as well since people replied to the original email, leaving the problematic message in their responses as well.

I also would not want anyone other than the owners or moderators to be able to modify or delete the messages. And to be perfectly honest, since legal actions could ensue, maybe even have a capability of locking it down so NO CHANGES could be made, except by the Owner.

I am just hashing out ideas. I do feel this could be a very valuable and powerful modification.

Bryce

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 7:43 PM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Bruce,

 > Question: How does one find a hidden topic (or message) in order to
 > unhide it later?

In my concept they remain visible to mods and owners.

 > How are they flagged so those with the proper privileges to see it
 > know that other cannot (new status badge)?

Like a locked or moderated topic, I proposed an eye-slash icon (badge)
to the left of the subject text.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/22337

Like those other two, this would be an independent attribute that can be
applied alone or in conjunction with the others.

Oh, interesting. The other two only stack up in search results. E.g.:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/search?ev=false&q=%22Thread+view%22&ct=1
In other views locked seems to take precedence over moderated.

I would want hidden to stack next to the other icon(s) if any, it
shouldn't take precedence over either, nor should either take precedence
over hidden.

If a "Hide Message" function were (also) implemented there's a small
question of where to put the icon when looking at a topic containing
that message (as the Subject text is only shown at the top of the topic
page). I think it should still be at the top, so somewhere among the
Posting member identification on the left and the date & message number
on the right.

Shal

--
Bryce Weathersby