moderated Re: Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Peter,

So if no aliases are defined and I send an email to
<myname+sometext@...>, it will simply strip and discard
"+sometext" (which is what I have seen), whereas if I define an alias
as "myname+other", it will recognise an incoming email to
<myname+other@... and process it as a valid address.
Both cases are received by the same user account at gmail, whether an alias was predefined or not. The alias case simply allows the user to filter incoming messages based on the alias.

So I can indeed cite this when I talk to BT as a feature which the
synchronoss/BT bug will break.
Hopefully it will help you persuade them.

Shal