moderated Re: #wishlist Ability to Hide Topics/Posts #suggestion

Bruce,

I like the idea, if ... given only to Owners and Moderators with the
"edit archives" permission.
Yes, I believe that was the intent, similar to Locking or Moderating a topic.

The ability to hide individual messages can create confusion when the
remaining messages cannot be properly assessed in context.
True, but the use case I see for hiding just a single message would be in an otherwise valuable and/or important topic where just one or a few offending replies were made. Most likely, as in the OP's use case, the offending messages are destined to be deleted, but for whatever reasons need to be kept temporarily.

I leave it to the moderator to judge which is the better remedy (hiding the message(s) or the whole topic) based on their knowledge of the circumstances at hand.

Shal