moderated Re: #wishlist Ability to Hide Topics/Posts #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 04:45 PM, Bryce Weathersby wrote:
I would like a feature to able to Hide Topics/Messages.
I like the idea, if restricted to Topics, and given only to Owners and Moderators with the "edit archives" permission.

The ability to hide individual messages can create confusion when the remaining messages cannot be properly assessed in context. Yes, I understand that subscribers can already delete their own messages, thus creating the same problem -- I just don't want to provide another tool by which history can be altered.

The message archive is not a personal timeline à la Facebook, and I would be disappointed to see it treated as such.

My $0.02,
Bruce