From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Fletcher
Sent: 26 September 2019 01:07
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Late replying to this.

I'm wary (used it right this time Shal!) of changing this, especially to a period. It's not like periods aren't interpreted differently by different mail servers. Gmail, for example, ignores all periods in email addresses. Next time you send an email to a friend with a gmail account, feel free to sprinkle some periods in the left side of their email address. Note that we do not ignore periods, even for Gmail accounts. If I had to do it over, I'd probably special case this to handle it, but it seems to only confuse people a few times a year.