moderated Re: change verbiage on log entry for forbidden new tag

Mark,

Thanks. I would make the following changes. I am including here the phrase "via email," which currently is appended to the log entry (but not included in your message) if the message was sent via email, and is the main source of confusion. I'm assuming the phrase "via web" is appending if the message was posted via web, and in which case, you can substitute "via web" in my suggested changes below. If you can't move that phrase (either "via email" or "via web") to directly after "sent message" (which would be my first choice but perhaps is not practical without major changes), you can clarify parsing by adding and deleting commas, as in the below:

1. change
without any tags, has been asked to update subject via email
to
without any tags and has been asked to add tag(s), via email 

preference would be to put "via email" after "sent message" and then change the rest to
without any tags, has been asked to add tags

2. change
with a tag that only moderators can use, has been asked to update subject via email
to
with a tag that only moderators can use and has been to remove tag, via email

preference would be to put "via email" after "sent message" and then change the rest to
with a tag that only moderators can use, has been asked to remove tag

3. change
with a new tag, has been asked to update subject via email
to
with a disallowed new tag and has been asked to remove tag, via email

preference would be to put "via email" after "sent message" and then change the rest fo
with a disallowed new tag, has been asked to remove tag

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.