moderated Re: delete old messages

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 11:03 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
Being able to provide one, two, or 100 examples where it was practical obviously does not prove its practical in general.

But it does show that it is not "hopelessly impractical" in general.
That's not what you need to show. It is "hopelessly impractical" in the sense that there will always be cases where it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to implement. To make a promise in the TOU, that promise must be possible to uphold in ALL cases. Not just the few that you pull out of a hat. This has zero to do with my not liking your examples (in fact, they were TLDR, because it doesn't even matter what they are).

I don't need to show that it's "hopelessly impractical" in all cases. I only need to show that there will always be cases, no matter how many or few, where it would be hopelessly impractical to implement ("user leaves, requests deletion of all posts 10 years later"; etc.).