moderated Re: delete old messages

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 04:00 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
the right to be forgotten relates to data about a person, not things they have posted on Groups.io or other social media.
Exactly. Not to mention that users explicitly grant groups.io the right to post their content forever. Coming from the other side of the discussion, this is why - and we've been through this argument/discussion many times before - I think group owners should be allowed to disable message deletion by members. IANAL but it's easy reading to see that Groups.io is under no legal obligation to delete user content, whether the user ask for the deletion or not, whether they've left a group or not, or under any other circumstances. Groups.io would be under legal obligation to remove personal information *about* users posted by *other* users, if the posted-about user requests the deletion.