moderated Re: delete old messages

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 2:36 PM Frances <frances@...> wrote:
When there is a turnover of a Board, for example, it would be useful to delete chitchat from previous members.

We don't currently have this function.

I have been wondering too about the GDPR - "The GDPR is the most comprehensive EU data privacy law in decades, and went into effect on May 25, 2018." I can export my account. Couldn't that be linked to a delete function?

This was a scenario I discussed with my GDPR lawyers back when I was going through this. From what I remember, it was basically that the law was a bit unclear but that my lawyers interpreted it as I did not have to delete someone's messages in a group when they deleted their account. It's impractical to be able to remove all traces of someone who has participated in a discussion group.

IANAL and all that...