moderated Re: Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Chris Jones

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:58 AM, Dave Wade wrote:
...as far as I can tell it has around 10 million customers….
In the group I moderate (>2100 Subscribers) 182 have btinternet.com addresses and a further 8 have btconnect.com one.

Dave w also wrote: I suspect you have as much chance of getting it fixed as you have of getting Schrodinger’s cat to the moon dead and alive….

I suspect that is certainly true if we have to go via the normal "call centre" route. :(  In this case Peter has gone via the "BT Community" from which the matter has (reportedly) been escalated.

The odd thing is that if a (btinternet) email is sent to a Groups.io "+" address from an email client then the + and what follows up to the @ is stripped off and the email is misrouted to the Topics page*. If, however, the same email is sent from BT Mail's web UI then it is routed correctly to whatever is after the +. I don't know if similar mishaps arise if the originating address is btconnect; I know of one Subscriber who has such an address so I might ask him if he could try a test message or two.

* If the Sub happens to be unmoderated then of course the message appears immediately.

Chris