moderated Re: Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Dave Wade

Duane,

One would hope so except It’s the UK equivalent of Ma Bell so its history is that it was the national government telephony provider. As such it created the rules as steps to prevent other competing.

I believe it sees its dominant position and breaking the rules as a way to mess with (foo bar) the competition. It has a history of behaving badly e.g.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13015194

its e-mail system is a total mess having originally been outsourced Yahoo and now the load is split between Yahoo and a German (I think) provider and frequently goes astray:-

https://home.bt.com/pages/email/index.html#targetText=We're%20about%20to%20move,make%20sure%20you're%20ready.

Much of the support based in India. A quick google on “BT Indian call centre” will show the problems people have…

… I suspect you have as much chance of getting it fixed as you have of getting Schrodinger’s cat to the moon dead and alive….

Dave

G4UGM