moderated Re: Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Peter Martinez <Peter.Martinez@...>

Duane:

Dave says that a dot is safe because dots are used by everybody and they ARE safe - I have one in my own email address. We know that + CAN be unsafe because we found a situation where it IS unsafe. So lets switch from a + to a dot.

The buggy mailserver that we have found at btinternet is supplied and operated by Synchronoss Inc. in the U.S.A, so I think there may be many more of them around the world.

If you see a hole in the highway ahead, you drive round it so you don't break a wheel. You don't drive straight into the hole and risk breaking a wheel just because the regulations say that the highway department must keep the highway free of holes.

regards
Peter