moderated Re: Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Duane

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 01:11 PM, Dave Wade wrote:
I folks are violating RFC2821 then they are not treating them the same. However, I think only “.” is safe.
Exactly.  If they're not following the standard for one, what's to say they'll follow the standard for others?  Why do you think that "." is safe?  Since it's part of the same standard, it may not be safe on some services.  It's up to the email services to follow standards so problems like this don't occur.  It shouldn't require a web site (or other service) to "work around" the problem they've created.