moderated Re: Messages to +owner being wrongly routed to the whole group

Peter Martinez <Peter.Martinez@...>

Lena:

This practice (of stripping the localpart after a +) may not be just happening at the single mailserver that we have found (synchronoss.net). .It may be a single TYPE of mailserver equipment or software from a single hardware or software supplier that could be fitted in many places. At the least I would ask groups.io to consider adding an alternative email command format (dot in place of +) so that groups that experience this problem can work around it.

regards
Peter