moderated Re: Open Source?

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 3:45 AM Eric di Domenico <eric@...> wrote:
A lot of the API is read only. If it was OSS I could submit a PR with a proposal.

for example, my group users are asking about managed tagging for photos. I looked at the API thinking I might be able to update titles with hashtags or something but it’s readonly.

Funny you should mention photos. I just added all the photos api endpoints. You can now modify photos and albums. Please post on the API group if you have any questions or issues using those endpoints.

As for open source, I'm a big believer in it. I don't see the groups.io code being open sourced any time soon however. It's in no condition. It's a distributed system, so requires a lot of work to get up and running in a development environment. There are no docker containers or anything like that.

My goal is to have a feature complete and easy to use API that anyone can build on top of. And of course to always have the ability to export your data whenever you want, easily.