moderated Auto-sigs getting wiped out into "quoted text" again

I don't completely remember the history of this (except that it's been somewhat tortured), but auto-sigs are again getting swept into the "quoted text" when messages are sent by email. Is there any way to make this not happen? About half my group members post via email and all of their signatures are getting lost.