moderated Muting from the web interface

Bruce Bowman

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but...is there a way to mute a topic via the web interface?

I realize muting won't actually keep it from displaying in the message archive, and maybe that's why ("I clicked on the mute link and the topic is still there"). But there have been many times that I've been reading a thread online, and NOT enjoying it, and would really like to keep any subsequent messages out of my inbox. Having to separately launch my mail client, find one of the offending posts, and mute the thread through a footer link involves a lot of extra steps when maybe IĀ could have done it right then and there.

Thanks to all for your consideration.

Bruce