You don't need Macros to handle this.
A simple way to change the formatting in word is to:
- Go to the Home Screen which is usually the default.
- Just above the word "Paragraph" is a vertical double arrow.
- Use the functions to remove spacing before and after paragraphs (if they are there)
- Right Click on your Normal font (Just below "View" in the top tool bar).
- Click "Update Normal to Match Selection".
- Click File/Save to save that to your default document.
That should set your Normal to default to no extra spacing before and after paragraphs.