moderated Re: maintain Word formatting when copy-pasting documents into messages

Shal,
Yes, I get all of that. I was responding to Ken's helpful suggestion of how to get around it, and how that's not really going to help me or my group members. The (seeming) randomness is that I certainly don't remember doing anything different between lines that got the extra spaces (paragraph breaks) and the ones that didn't.
Thanks.